Forum Title: Engineered flooring on concrete
Hello all: I just finished installing engineered hard woods on my upstairs (thanks to some great advice on this forum) and am ready to tackle the downstairs level. I have concrete downstairs that has pulled up when we removed the old engineered flooring. There are several areas where this happened. So my question is what do I use to fill it? I have added a couple of images. I looked at concrete patching material, but they all seem to have vinyl in them. I was also going to looking into a concrete leveler. I'm not even sure if I need to patch them. Can one of you experts please give me some advise on this? I am at a loss and do not want to mess it up. I've already laid an entire room (which did not have this issue as it had carpeting) and it's going well so far. Many thanks! jocasio
Category: Flooring Post By: Terrence Brown (Hialeah, FL), 02/17/2019

Here are a couple more images...

- BYRON DANIEL (Yucaipa, CA), 05/06/2019

Yeah I would use Ardex Feather Finish, as long as those dimples are less than 1 deep. Add water until the consistency is like thick mud, and depending on depth of the dimples it should take a few hours to fully cure. You can use it to skim coat your subfloor for glue-down if you are unsure of your glue adhering to the substrate. A small dent here and there usually isn't a big deal but it seems to be a large area, and could be an issue

- JENNIFER MILLER (Boynton Beach, FL), 04/19/2019

Community Remodeling Resources & Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527